Come join us for the children’s summer reading program! You can earn cool prizes for reading and attend fun summer activities! Sign up starts May 23rd, 2016. Program dates are as follows:
- June 9, 2016: Exercise with Kristine Hunt at Fowler Flipsters at 1 PM
- June 16, 2016: Storyteller Addie Hirschten at BCPL at 1 PM
- June 23, 2016: Purdue Athletes visit and read to us at BCPL at 1 PM
- June 30, 2016: Library Olympics at Fowler Park at 1 PM
- July 7, 2016: Kelsie Muller & healthy snack making at BCPL at 1 PM
- July 14, 2016: Celebration picnic at BCPL 12 PM
Adults: Come on in to sign up for the adult summer reading program! Register at the main desk to receive your free registration gift. In the 7 week time period you can receive 3 free gifts and 3 raffle tickets if you read a total of 18 hours. All prizes are pictured on our Facebook page here. You must be 16 years old and have a BCPL card to participate in the adult reading program. Program ends July 14, 2016.
Winter fun is in session here at the library! Don’t forget that we offer a preschool or younger story time every* Thursday morning at 10 A.M. as well as a story time Tuesday evenings at 6 P.M. Story time includes:
- Stories read by Miss Cara!
- Puzzles to play with before and after
- Craft or game
- Song, dance, or other activity
- Tons of fun!!
*Check out our Facebook page for emergency closures and other information regarding story time.
Hope to see you there!
We currently have several contests and activities for the month of October!
- October Adult Reading Program: Read a book and take a guess on how many pieces of candy corn are in the jar. You could win a very cool BCPL tote bag with ten surprise books inside! Located at the main desk.
- Children’s contests: (Located in the children’s section)
- Autumn fun: Guess how many leaves are in the jar. Closest child without going over wins a prize!
- Character blackout: Guess the shaded in characters as best you can. Get all 10 and you can win a prize!
- Adult & Kid contests: Get two Lego pieces for every book and add them to the appropriate tower (either the adult tower or the kids tower) See who will win in this kid vs. adult challenge!