We will be closed from December 23-December 27, 2016 for Christmas. We will resume normal hours on Wednesday the 28th.
We will be closed from December 30, 2016-January 2, 2017 for the new year. We will resume normal hours on January 3, 2017.
We have some exciting programs for children here at BCPL!
Currently we have Tuesday night craft time with Ms. Cara every Tuesday at 6 PM.
On Wednesday we have Zany Games Wednesday with Ms. Cara from 3PM-5PM.
Come on in!
**For information on canceled activities, please visit our Facebook.
Come to the library and help us celebrate fall!
In October we have:
- Oct. 1-31, 2016: Check out 3 movies from 3 different genres at one time and enter for a chance to win the popcorn snack package! (Must be 16 or older)
- Oct. 1-21, 2016: Guess the weight of the pumpkin! If you win, you get to take the pumpkin home with you for Halloween!! Last chance to guess is October 21st. (One guess per visit. ALL AGES may participate. Closest guess without going over wins.)
- New horror movies! Get in the Halloween spirit and check out our new (and older!) horror movies! We have the classics such as “Halloween” and “Friday the 13th” as well as brand new movies like “The Witch” and “Sinister 2”. We also have children’s favorites like “Hocus Pocus” and “Casper”.
- Horror books on display available for checkout. Look upstairs in the nook in our adult section as well as the bulletin board for scary and mysterious reads!
In November we have:
- BINGO! We will have two separate Bingo games running in November and December: one for children, one for adults. Bingo is super fun and you will have a chance to win a cool prize!
Come join us for the children’s summer reading program! You can earn cool prizes for reading and attend fun summer activities! Sign up starts May 23rd, 2016. Program dates are as follows:
- June 9, 2016: Exercise with Kristine Hunt at Fowler Flipsters at 1 PM
- June 16, 2016: Storyteller Addie Hirschten at BCPL at 1 PM
- June 23, 2016: Purdue Athletes visit and read to us at BCPL at 1 PM
- June 30, 2016: Library Olympics at Fowler Park at 1 PM
- July 7, 2016: Kelsie Muller & healthy snack making at BCPL at 1 PM
- July 14, 2016: Celebration picnic at BCPL 12 PM
Adults: Come on in to sign up for the adult summer reading program! Register at the main desk to receive your free registration gift. In the 7 week time period you can receive 3 free gifts and 3 raffle tickets if you read a total of 18 hours. All prizes are pictured on our Facebook page here. You must be 16 years old and have a BCPL card to participate in the adult reading program. Program ends July 14, 2016.
Winter fun is in session here at the library! Don’t forget that we offer a preschool or younger story time every* Thursday morning at 10 A.M. as well as a story time Tuesday evenings at 6 P.M. Story time includes:
- Stories read by Miss Cara!
- Puzzles to play with before and after
- Craft or game
- Song, dance, or other activity
- Tons of fun!!
*Check out our Facebook page for emergency closures and other information regarding story time.
Hope to see you there!